Tuesday, July 15, 2008

PressThink: Big Daddy Newspaper Has Gone and Left Journalism

Friends who are the media wonks here will enjoy this posting. It takes a bit to get into it, but there are some gems there.
PressThink: Big Daddy Newspaper Has Gone and Left Journalism: "Big Daddy Newspaper Has Gone and Left Journalism
Tree House Media Project Debuts. Self-reliance for angry journalists, preached by a former member of the tribe. Plus: 'Last gasp of the curmudgeon class.' NEWSROOM ID EXPLODES LIKE FIREWORKS OVER INTERN'S UPBEAT BLOG POST. Newspaper revanchism 'splained."
In a past life -- I had a printing presses. I started a syndicate too. And, I have a degree from one of the best schools of journalism as well.

She’s not one of us, not really “of” the newsroom. She’s cheering one of them: the executives who screwed up our thing. Them: the know-nothing, misspelling bloggers. Them: our unpaid or lowly paid replacements. Them: generaton whoop-dee-Net. She’s one of them. Her post proves it!
I jump from side to side, freely: coach, athlete, organizer, spectator, reporter, blogger, publisher, photographer, critic, reporter, webmaster, calendar keeper, board member, candidate, advocate, techno-geek. That's fun for me. I'm a 'generalist.'

No comments: